Embossing Powder Border



Hi Everyone,

Lara here-it's my turn to post again so I thought I would share a technique I  started doing when I first started stamping. I love to use embossing powder to create a very rustic type of frame/border around layouts.  I used to do this technique all the time but as I started doing many more very clean and straightforward layouts I had quit doing this.  I am so glad for the chance to create in whatever direction I want to go depending on what day it is.

In order to achieve this look you simplyswipe your ink pad around the edges and pour EP over it.  If you want a more clean look you can simply using a Versamark or other clear embossing ink pen.  After you pour the EP you tap off the excess and simply heat it with a heat gun.


Here is a close up of the border.

To create the hearts I simply stamped the brocade stamp and embossed it with Whirly Pop EP and cut them out freehand.


Wow EP Metallic Silver-regular
WOW Suzy West Candy Counter Collection Whirly Pop
WOW Stamp-Brocade
Versamark pad by Tsukineko
Houndstooth paper-Echo Park
Black Zig writer-Kuretake
rhinestone
doily

Comments