WOW! .... We're Half Way There...

Happy day, friends! Can you believe how quickly 2012 has passed? WOW! We're halfway through the year! I can't believe it's Summer in the U.S. I'm kicking off my boots and slipping on the sassier, open-toed heels. That's really where my fashion sense stops. I can wear all one color in fairly basic pieces, but then it's all about the bling. Since I'm this month's showcase designer, I brought that same love of shoes to paper. I used Suzy West's Pantry Collection - Paprika on the heel and I used Angel Wings and Neutral Ultra Shimmer on the insole. The stamp is from Suzy's Love Beyond All Measure set. 






Speaking of accessories, have you seen some of the things built for Steampunk? I happened upon a Steampunk convention once (next to a LEGO convention of all things). It was the most brilliant event! I was so impressed with the twist of Old and New. 

This month, Anne, brings us her touch of talent with Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutant. I absolutely adore the embellishments and color on this unique "card". Personally, I think this is a gift card holder and gift in one! 

ANNE BROWN
“This is an idea I got from a video tutorial on You Tube, for something called a book card.  I added my own touches to their instructions because I wanted it to really be a keepsake sturdy enough to survive years of display/use.  I use chipboard for my "book cover" instead of cardstock and it's constructed similarly to how a real bookbinder does it, except for the "pages".  “






The supplies needed are:  
  • Cardstock (2-12'x12" sheets or 4-8.5"x11" sheets)
  • Patterned paper (I used Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutant collection for my project)
  • Light to medium weight chipboard (I used the backs of legal paper pads that I had stockpiled when I worked in a corporate legal department but empty cereal boxes work just as well)
  • Mod Podge, white glue, adhesive tape runner, Beacon's 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue (or comparable products)
  • Distress, chalk or pigment ink pad in a tan or light brown shade
  • Paper trimmer, scissors
  • Lots of embellishments such as lace, ribbon, die cuts, pearls, rhinestones, metal charms, etc.)
  • And last but hardly least, WOW Embossing Powders in whatever color will compliment your project theme (I used Primary Ebony and Metallic Gold Regular).


At this time of year, sometimes Dads get lost among the Grads. Luckily, we have 2 designers that kept them top of mind and are sharing some Ultra Cool projects “for him”. 

Sometimes it’s difficult to come up with a masculine card or layout or anything crafty. Sherrie makes it a breeze with her talent! She used a dry emboss technique with a wet, and I love how a notebook paper turned out to look like wood grain.


SHERRIE SUTTLES
“How I made it look like a piece of notebook paper is I dry embossed the white cardstock using a sizzix embossing folder. I then lightly rubbed the ridges with my versamark ink pad. I covered it with the Earthtone Pepper powder. I really like how it came out.

For the vine I used green cardstock in the Martha Stuart vine punch, which I covered with Metalline Green powder. And for the Grateful tickets, I stamped the image on velum and then covered it with Whirly Pop powder.”






Amy played “Crafty Macguyver” this week as she had to put her amazing project together while stomrs brewed down under. I hear’s she searching for battery operated heat guns so there’s no excuse to not play with WOW! Any inventors out there?

This project is absolutely out of this world! I love, love, love it. All my boys (hubby included) raced BMX, and I am so inspired to do something like this for each of them.  

AMY PRIOR
"This super fun gift for any worthy dad is full of 10 different coupons for the #1 dad to redeem special gifts from daddy's little girls. Things like super dooper giant hugs and 1 hour silence were included in these fun coupons. This was so fun to create and my girls cannot wait to give it to daddy on Father's Day. The process was a very simple one. All it took was gluing everything down, coating with black gesso, then going to town with my favourite manly WOW Embossing Powders!"











WOW EMBOSSING POWDERS:  : Suzy West’s Pantry Collection- Earthtone Blueberry Regular Embossing Powder WOW Metallic Platinum Sparkle Embossing Glitter WOW Metallic Copper Ultra High Embossing Powder WOW Metallic Gold Rich Ultra High Embossing Powder
  •  
  • STAMPS: Wow! “Call Me”
  • Prima Flowers empty tin
  • Black Gesso
  • A2Z Scraplets Chipboard Cogs & Gears & A2Z Scraplets Chipboard Barbed Wire
  • Tim Holtz Ideaology Gears Regular & Mini Handmade Halo Bronze Charms Black, Navy & White Bazzil Cardstock Thickers Blue Patina Perfect Pearls Mist Burlap Archival Ink

I’d say this was an award-winning project once again from Erika. She’s makes me want to emboss everything!! I’ve had the Olympics on my mind, so I asked her to “make a medallion”….and oh my….


ERIKA TAYLOR
Erika’s created an altered book cover for a journal. She’s managed to create a "wax" looking medallion for the seal. For the project, Erika used a combination of Silver, Copper Ultra High, Ebony, Pepper, Mustard, and Clear Ultra High for the entire cover.

 



Another designer to recognize is Irit. It is so great to see "traditional" albums in "non-traditional" but elegant ways. The way she pulls together this mini album for a baby's first year is so impressive! 


IRIT SHALOM
"I made my mini I was asked to craft for the team post  with 5-6 Suzy West WOW! embossing powders and Black with a bit of white, for distress look over a film cover. I used one color for each page around the chipboards and some stamping with Birds stamp set."















I hope you enjoyed our collection today. For more fabulous projects, please visit our blogs!
Click Here to Erika’s blog, Taylord Concepts.
Click Here to Irit’s creativeness at her blog, Irit Shalom’s Designs.
Click Here to Anniebee’s Craft Room. 
Click Here to see Amy’s adventures at her blog.
Click Here to see Sherrie and hear about what is keeping her busy at her blog, Each Days Memories.
Click Here to see Jen’s latest pinteresting obsessions. Maybe she'll post a sneak peek of her massive shoe collection! 






      Comments

      1. I love these projects!!

        ReplyDelete
      2. What amazing projects! So much creativity and talent. Brilliant!

        ReplyDelete
      3. Ok, these projects on this post are really truly works of art and I love them all. I really want to make the gear canister....erika!!

        ReplyDelete
      4. I am still picking my jaw up off the floor after looking at these projects! In fact, I don't think they are projects but absolute works of art!! The amount of talent and creativity out there blows my mind. Sometimes it is hard because it makes me feel so inferior, but I LOVE looking at these!

        ReplyDelete
      5. Holy Cow, what some AWESOME projects! Each one is a piece of art, and different looks! This is a fantastic post, lots of ways to use those awesome WOW powders and stamps!!! Thanks ladies!

        ReplyDelete
      6. Eeekkk everyone's work is amazing! What a fabulously smoking team post!

        ReplyDelete

      Post a Comment