Happy Olympics from the Glitter Girls

Hi Everybody!!!!

So has everyone recovered from the opening ceremonies?!!!! 
Wow!  What a show! 
It was spectacular!

Wishing luck to all the teams from all over the world!

Speaking of teams, we have the Glitter Girls up on the blog today!
They have been up to their armpits in glitter, and have some yummy projects to feast your eyes on!

First up is Jen Matott!

Here is what she says about her amazing banner!
"I created a mixed media banner using Basically Bare's Oh So Mini albums that
were released this month.  I love the different materials that they are made
from and how the stamps and embossing powders work on them!
  I used many items
to create this banner.

This cardboard piece was created with a brick template and VersaMark with WOW
Embossing powders mixed and layered. I started with Cable Car Red and then
layered Black Glint and some Copper. I then added the "Journey" Stamp and
embossed with Bright White. The dots are Gelatos through a stencil and then
dripped some Gelatos mixed with water from the top to create a resist effect
with the embossed areas.

One of the canvas pieces with WOW Gratitude stamps using Faber Castell Design
Memory Craft Pitt artist pens and Gelatos through a circle stencil.


This is one of my favorites.
A chipboard rounded piece with a Prima script stamp
using Faber Castell Pitt Artist pen and then flames embossed over top with a
stencil and WOW Embossing Powders in Cable Car Red, Black Glint, and Copper.

I also embossed the doily with Ultra High Gold WOW embossing powder.
The stamped frame and words are from WOW and embossed as well.

Lots of embossing and stamping here... then layers of ribbon cut papers and
dripping embossing powders and a framed saying attached. I also embossed and
added the cardboard and chipboard circle waste from the holes in the mini pieces for more texture.
I love that I can peel the cardboard to reveal the corrugated
parts."



Supply list:
WOW Embossing Powders in Cable Car Red, Whirly Pop, Ultra High Silver, Copper,
Black Glint, Cotton Candy, California Sunshine, Ultra High Gold and Bright
White.

WOW Stamps:  Gratitude, Vintage 1928, Simply Amazing, Flowers, and Brocade

Other supplies:
Basically Bare Oh So Mini albums in Rounded and Scallop
Faber Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos, PITT Artist Pens and Big Brush
Markers.
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
VersaMark and VersaMark reinker
Templates: Crafter's Workshop
Prima stamps: Tea Thyme script
Doily
Seam Binding


Love it Jen!
 It turned out so pretty, and I love al the techniques you incorporated into one banner!

To see more of Jens work please visit her blog at:






Now, take a peek at the layouts I created for the WOW Booth at CHA in Chicago this past week.

I Love making layouts more than anything!

For this layout I embossed the birdie, and the title, and also the little tree in the right corner.
For small details like the tree I always whip out my WOW embossing pen.
It is fabby for small areas!


For this "Happy Camper" layout I used the metallic copper to emboss details on the branch and the leaf, and around the large circle.
I also used the clear gloss on my title to make it shine so pretty!



For this "Going for a Swim" layout I did something crazy.
It is kinda long, and drawn out and you can read all about it right here!


Again I used the clear gloss, and then the bright white, to make it look splashed, and wet.


For this 'Wave Runner" layout I again used the clear gloss, neutral ultra shimmer, and the platinum sparkle.  I made a chevron with my Cricut, and using the negative I embossed the chevron shape down the side. I also used the shimmer on my title letters as well.


This one was 'SPLASH' super fun to make! 
 I was able to match my paper line exactly, and you can too! 
 All you do is cut out a title out of  white cardstock. 
 Then- ink it, and then one letter at a time, just emboss each letter a different color!
 I love it, like making custom color die cuts for all your layouts! 


Please visit my blog at
to see all of these layouts up close, and detailed, and also read a few more tips on how I made them.

Thank you so much for reading along with us, and have a super Saturday!
Make sure you check the blog ofeten as we update it daily!
Do good, and be crafty! :)

Comments