Mix your colours!

I am not big into Halloween - just don't get the whole thing. But that does mean that I don't do morbid! I adore folk art and always wanted to do one of the Mexican tattoo skulls..... cue our theme for the month.
I do not have a specific recipe that makes a new embossing powder colour combination. This month I just got all those embossing powders out which I tend not to use. And I went colour happy. Everything on this skull is embossed and this time I used the glue gun to stick it all down  and get some dimension going. That worked pretty well you just have to be careful not to touch and embossed areas as the heat of the glue remelts the powder briefly.

The wings are cut into the canvas and give a great effect in front of a tea light.

This project was quick and simple to do after all the shapes had been cut out, especially when you prepare  your pieces and melt the powders all at the same time in the oven. So go forth and mix your colours!

But one question remains...... does this look like C-3Po  in drag? ( for the uninitiated: he is the robot friend of r2d2 in Star Wars)

Till next month!!

Comments

  1. Pretty much steampunk CP3O! Love it!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Doris, definatley needs to be on the top of a Totem Pole! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are catching the eclectic bug. Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with anything to do with Day of the Dead! Love this :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment