Metallic Mania!

Hi!  Jen Matott here to share a little altered project that I did with a wooden pencil box, WOW Metallics and some silicone molds!   I painted the box and lid with black craft paint and let dry first.








 Then, I grabbed my Prima gears stencil and applied Helmar Crackle Adhesive Step 1 with a foam brush by dabbing.  After it dries, it remains sticky. That is important because you need the embossing powders to stick! I started with the Metallic Gold regular WOW Embossing powders and then used the Metallic Copper regular over it to create a swirl of metallics. They stick to the adhesive and heat up to create a gorgeous surface!

 I did all four sides like that on the outside of the box. I decided that I wanted to embellish the lid with flowers and other metal pieces.  Using my Melt It pot, I added some of the WOW  Metallic Silver Ultra thick embossing powder and allowed it to melt completely.



 I used Martha Stewart's silicon flower and butterfly molds.   I poured the hot, melted powders into the molds and waited for them to harden.  Once they were cooled, I popped them out and used them in my project!


 Here you can see them added to the lid. I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to glue them to the wooden lid. I also added metal pieces, paper flowers from Prima and leaves  to fill the space in a pleasing manner.


finally I added bling swirls and metal embellishments to finish off this gem of a box!  I plan to fill it with colored pencils and pens and give it as a gift to a special person!



I hope you enjoyed my altered project today! 

Comments