Foils and stencils by Jaine.



One really cool way to achieve a distressed look with your foils is to use a stencil.  It's as easy as using a stamp and all you need extra is a piece of cut and dry foam or a stencil brush to help you.


You could tape down the paper and the stencil to stop them both from moving while you add the embossing ink through the design but I like to live on the edge as you can see.


With the Bonding Powder added to the ink you can see how random I've been. I wanted the background to be more distressed so deliberately didn't ink through the whole of the stencil.


After heating the bonding powder I added the foil and look how it shines in the sunlight.


For my card I used a pre-inked piece of card and used a contrasting colour of foil for vibrancy.  I also added a heart which was cut from a double sided sticky sheet and foil added to one of the sticky sides. I mounted this onto the card with a few sequins and some metalic thread.



TIP :  If you find your bonding powder has cooled before you can add the foil just heat it up again with the heat gun and reapply the foil.

Jaine x



Comments

  1. I adore this beautiful foiled background and heart Jaine and thank you for the step by step. I love that teal foil too, such a pretty colour. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat I'm glad you like it, the teal is my favourite I think.

      Delete

Post a Comment